New Year, New You - How to Make the Most of Your 2015 Resolutions
Day 1, January 1 - the day that so many people commit to their New Year’s resolutions. But did you know that only 8% of people who make resolutions actually achieve them? At Ultima Replenisher we are all about living a healthy lifestyle, reaching your fit goals and being the best version of yourself. So with that in mind, we’ve come up with six ways we think will help you stick to your healthy goals for 2015 and to be in that top 8%.
1. Write them down - When you write your resolution down, not only does it transfer from your mind to in front of your face, it becomes that much more real. Write it down and hang it up somewhere that you will look at every day. Maybe your bathroom mirror, your fridge, or even on the inside of your front door. Looking at your goals, dreams and aspirations daily is just another way to manifest them coming true.
2. Pump up the jams - Want to lift more at the gym? Run that extra mile? Create a new, upbeat playlist to shuffle through during your workout and you’ll be surprised how it will help keep your intensity high throughout the entire routine.
3. Share with friends - There’s no better way to get a support system to achieve your healthy resolution then by letting your friends and family know that’s what you are doing. Cutting out meat and becoming a vegetarian? Let them know from the start so that they can get on board with your new love of veggies, instead of having that awkward conversation during dinner when the only option being served is roast beef. Training for your first half marathon? It’s okay to tell friends you may not see them as much because of your new running schedule (remember #1 priority should always be you). True friends will always understand the awesome goals you are reaching for!
4. Make your goals achievable- Of course it’s amazing to set high goals, we all want to be the best versions of ourselves, but are you going after a goal that’s too big too fast? For example - if you want to lose 25 lbs in 2015, it might be better to set a smaller goal (say 10lbs) for a smaller duration of time (by March 1st). Breaking your goals up into easier to manage chunks could be a better fit for your resolution.
5. Hit the pillow sooner - If your goals have anything to do with being more active you are going to need more sleep. The average adult should be getting at least 8 hours of sleep to be at your optimal best. So try this, ditch electronics for 30 minutes before you go to bed (that’s right all you late night Candy Crushers – leave your smart phone in a different room) and you will be surprised how much faster you’ll fall asleep and how much better the quality of your sleep will be.
6. Add Ultima Replenisher to your workouts- Sometimes we’re pushing ourselves so much that we feel lethargic and burnt out, like we can’t go any further. Throw a scoop of Ultima (grape is one of our favorite workout flavors) in your water before hitting the gym so you don’t get that tired, can’t go any further feeling during your workout. The electrolytes and minerals in Ultima will keep your energy levels higher and help push you to new heights.
So what are your New Year’s resolutions? We’d love to hear them! Share with us in the comment section below and we’ll *send you sample packs of a few of our Ultima flavors to get you well hydrated and on your way to achieving your personal bests! Good luck!
*Offer is good until the end of February 2015
Newsletter Sign Up
Be the first to hear about our new flavor releases, promotions and more!
100% spam free, we promise.