Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie Bowl
Trying to eat healthy while keeping your food exciting, fun, and different can be pretty difficult. One of the latest trends is serving a smoothie with a bunch of hearty ingredients, to make it a “Smoothie Bowl”. We decided to put an Ultima spin on this idea, and developed this recipe for a Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie bowl with our Raspberry Ultima Replenisher and Crazy Richards PB Burst for added protein and hydration. This makes for a great post-workout meal or snack, whether you are a runner, CrossFitter, swimmer, hiker… you name it! The protein will give your body the Amino Acids it needs to properly recover from tough days of training, and of course the electrolytes will help hydrate you and keep your body balanced.
We met Crazy Richard’s Peanut Butter Company this year at the IDEA Fit Expo and fell in love with their product. The PB Burst we are using in this recipe is called a “performance peanut butter”- it contains 8g of protein, no added salt or sugar, it is non-GMO and gluten-free, and contains green tea extract! Paired with our Ultima Replenisher in Raspberry, you can get your protein and hydrate at the same time!
To make this smoothie bowl you will only need a few things:
- One large or 2 small bananas
- One cup of vanilla yogurt (greek or original will both work)
- Two Ultima Raspberry Stick Packs (the equivalent to two servings)
- Two PB Burst packets
- Fresh Berries (we use blueberries and raspberries)
- Your favorite toppings- we use granola, fresh berries, and a drizzle of honey (other great additions include chia seeds, flax seeds/meal, coconut flakes, nuts)
This recipe can make one or two servings, depending on if you are enjoying it as a snack or a full meal.
- Mix together yogurt, fresh berries, two packs of Ultima, and either one small banana or half of a large banana in your blender until smooth.
- Pour berry smoothie into your bowl of choice, and rinse blender well before moving onto the next step.
- Add PB Burst packs, one small banana or half of a large banana, and a few ice cubes to your blender and mix until smooth.
- Carefully layer the peanut butter smoothie on top of the raspberry- it should float.
- Gently garnish your smoothie layers with your favorite toppings, which in our case is almonds, granola, a drizzle of honey, and fresh fruit!