Hydrating Mangonada Recipe
Hispanic Heritage Month may technically be over, but over here at Ultima, we choose to celebrate cultural diversity all year long! One of the ways we celebrate is by highlighting some traditional recipes with modern and hydrating twists so you can try something new. The recipe we are sharing today is called a Mangonada and it is an absolute MUST-TRY because it combines our sugar-free electrolyte powders with the delicious flavors of mango, Tajin, and Chamoy.
This recipe does require a blender and calls for some ingredients that you may or may not have in your kitchen (but once you stock up on the Tajin and Chamoy, believe me–there are plenty of uses for them outside of this recipe).
I promise we will get to the recipe in one second, but just one more thing…this frozen mocktail pairs very well with warm weather but it can be enjoyed year-round (and if you’re over 21, try adding a bit of tequila in there for an out-of-this-world margarita cocktail…it’s incredible!)
From Joe Leal (@theketogrillguy)
- 12 oz of Ultima Replenisher Electrolyte Powder Mix - Passionfruit
- 1 Lemon
- 16oz Frozen Mangos
- Tajin seasoning
- Chamoy seasoning
- Garnish: Fresh Mango
- Prepare 12oz of Passionfruit Ultima
- Add the juice of one lemon to a blender
- Add 16oz of frozen mangos to the blender
- Add 12 oz of Passionfruit Ultima to blender
- Blend until smooth
- Rim glass with Tajin seasoning
- Line the inside of the class with 2 tsp of Chamoy
- Pour the blended mango mixture into a glass
- Optional: Garnish with a chili-covered dried mango and a slice of fresh mango.
Well, there ya have it…a delicious, hydrating twist on a classic Hispanic Mangonada. Enjoy the refreshing blend of seasonings, fruits, and electrolytes that this recipe offers, and be sure to spread the love! If you make this drink, we would love to see it! Be sure to tag @GoUltima on social media if you try this or any recipe using our sugar-free electrolyte powder mixes!