A Spooky Poison Sour Appletini Recipe
Nothing compares to a memorable Halloween party–great costumes, ghoulish decor, spooky-themed snacks and beverages–and with Halloween weekend upon us, the stakes have never been higher. If you are hosting or attending a costume party this weekend, we have a BOOtiful recipe that is sure to be the highlight of your spooky event. You’ve heard of an Appletini before, right? Well, this Poison Sour Appletini takes a new and hydrating twist on the classic drink. The recipe we are sharing today is the mocktail version, but feel free to add in vodka (if you are 21 or older) to create a spooky and frighteningly delicious cocktail.
Poison Sour Appletini Recipe
- 6 oz cup water
- 2 oz apple juice
- 1 scoop of Ultima Electrolyte Appletini Mix
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Sparkling lemon lime water
- Maraschino cherries
- 1-inch cube of dry ice * (Optional - to add spookiness)
- In a cocktail shaker add water, apple juice, Electrolyte Appletini mix, and juice of 1/2 a lime and shake vigorously for a few seconds
- Safely add a 1-inch chunk/cube of dry ice with tongs to the martini glass*
- Add one maraschino cherry into glass
- Pour contents of shaker into glass over dry ice cube and cherry
- Top with sparkling lemon lime water
- *If using dry ice do not touch with your hands - safely grab with gloves and/or tongs.
The best part about this recipe is that it is just as fun to look at as it is to drink! We strongly recommend the dry ice cubes to really tie the spooky aesthetic together…I mean, it literally looks like it belongs in a witch’s cauldron! Did we mention that this drink recipe is also a perfect way to stay hydrated this Halloween weekend?!
Whether you are taking the kids trick-or-treating or enjoying one too many spooky-themed cocktails this weekend, there is nothing scarier than dehydration, and the best way to combat that is through replenishing your electrolytes. Have a great Halloween weekend and remember to stay safe, stay hydrated, and stay spooky! 🎃